First The Stick, now The Brick
I'll go first.
What band or performer, no longer in existence, do you wish you had seen perform live? GG Allin (I'd have shown up in rain gear, though.)
What concert experience do you wish you could scrub from your memory? Nina Hagen at The Ritz, NYC (1985) (She cleared the joint in under 15 minutes, although she encored with David Bowie's "The Secret Life of Arabia" - to me and one
What band do you wish had never existed? The Eagles (And every other shitty California doze-rock band they spawned.)
What band is your guiltiest pleasure? Thin Lizzy, The Four Seasons (tie)
What is the last CD you bought/downloaded? Thunder, Lightning, Strike
by The Go! Team (Completley unknown band, for some reason.)
What songs are currently on high rotation on your CD player, iPod, etc.?
1. "Down There by the Train" - Johnny Cash
2. "Someone I Care About" - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
3. "Fight Test" - The Flaming Lips
4. "Stupid Man" - Lou Reed
5. "Rock the Boat" - The Hues Corporation
6. "Lemon Tree" - Trini Lopez
7. "White Honey" (Live at The Marble Arch
version) - Graham Parker & The Rumour
8. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" - Whitney Houston
9. "Pushin' Too Hard" (live flexidisc version) - Pere Ubu
10. "Crackin' Up" (live at the El Macambo) - The Rolling Stones
11. "Hanging Out With Jim" - GG Allin & The AIDS Brigade
12. "You Baby" - The Turtles
13. "Stay Loose" - Belle & Sebastian
What 5 discs would you take to a deserted island?
1. Rock n Roll Animal
- Lou Reed
2. Rock Star God
- The Makers
3. Destiny Street
- Richard Hell & The Voidoids
4. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
- The Flaming Lips
5. Greatest Hits
- Trini Lopez
Who are you going to pass The Brick to, and why?Gina
, because she likes cool music and blogsMsHellion
, because she likes cool music and blogs.
All others who read this who like cool music and blog.
Coming soon: The Flick!