Thursday, March 17, 2005

Stonehenge

Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow.

                                                       — Spinal Tap



I visited a friend - a sleep-deprived, brand-new daddy - this evening. Thoughts of how I wouldn't trade places with him for all the herbal tea in the Celestial Seasonings catalogue prompted me to post this pic of my own offspring. Here they are, squinting away (probably at the Spinal Tap dwarf as he makes his way thither to do his Middle Earth two-step), soaking up the mysterious culture of western civilization. Note the barely-disguised "Can we get the hell out of here and hit a McDonald's?" look.

While much of the credit for their upbringing goes to their mother, I think I can assume some responsibility for instilling in them a wry sense of humor and an appreciation of the absurd. Upon their return from this trip they noted it was a great "experience," employing the use of air quotes to emphasize the point. That made me so proud!

The endless changing of diapers, rocking a wailing infant back to sleep in the middle of the night, testing the temperature of baby formula on the inner forearm (near the dragon tattoo) - these are but distant memories for me. To my aforementioned pal, I offer a heartfelt "rotsa ruck!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home