Taking a cue from some blogging friends, here are 15 things about me you may or may not (care to) know:
1. I created what I believe to be the first all-Shemp
Three Stooges film festival: Shempfest ’99 (New York City).
2. I own two guitars from the collection of the late Robert Quine
3. I once scored a perfect 10 at a poetry slam. The poem read was "I Dream in Black and White So You Don't Have To."
4. I have had two out of the following three “ectomy” procedures: appendectomy, tonsillectomy, vasectomy (guess which).
5. My daughter Astrid is named after Astrid Kirchherr
, who designed the Beatles’ haircuts; my son Reed is named after Lou Reed.
6. I saw The Who perform with Keith Moon, and saw Led Zeppelin perform with John Bonham.
7. My favorite sports team is the St. Louis Blues (hockey).
8. I once served as a juror on a murder trial.
9. I had a dog named Vanna, and cats named C07 and Chernobyl.
10. I thought professional wrestling was real well into high school.
11. I successfully ran for president of my college dormitory on the Gonzo ticket; I was known as “Dr. Steve” thenceforth.
12. I have always thought that being a poet is the coolest thing one could aspire to.
13. I have played in the following bands: Fireworks & Sex, Bob, The Original Rays, Frank’s Museum, The Drives, The Moe, So It Goes, X-Rays, The Smell of Love Orchestra, Full Vinyl Jacket, Kranky, Bikini Bottom, and The Avoiders.
14. I have seen Apocalypse Now
over 100 times.
15. My name is technically "Stephen." If you want to get on my bad side fast, call me "Steffen."