Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tagged

1. Total volume of music files on my computer: iMac: 7.89 GB, iBook: 10.98 GB, iPod: 8.9 GB.

2. The Last CD I bought was: Joint Special Task Force by General Patton vs. The X-Ecutioners. Featuring Mike Patton of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fantômas.

3. Song Playing Right Now: "Gimmie Some Good Times" by Lou Reed (recorded live at The Bottom Line, NYC 3/12/78). If ever there was a tune to rival Trini Lopez's "Lemon Tree" for top spot on my musical obsession list, it is this version of Reed's little-known but brilliantly concise worldview:
Gimmie gimmie gimmie some good times
Gimmie gimmie gimmie some pain
No matter how ugly you are
You know to me it all looks the same

Sarcastic putdown or statement of empathy? Yes.

4. Five songs I listen to a lot (in no particular order): [I can play the same couple dozen songs over and over for months, so careful readers of this blog may note the redundancy.] Besides the two above-mentioned songs, I'd say "Hand of Fate" by The Rolling Stones, "Navy Blue" by Diane Renay, "Someday, Someway" by Robert Gordon, "A Little Bit of Soap" by The Jarmels, and "Girl" by Beck.

I tag Reed, Gina, and MsAPhillips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home