Friday, March 18, 2005

The Stick

Gina has passed me the stick. Or is it The Stick? (The Stick?) Who knows.

Anyway:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
The Stranger by Albert Camus

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Molly Novotny from Nelson Algren's The Man With the Golden Arm

Last book you bought is:
The Rooster’s Wife by Russell Edson (I bought two when Edson was reading at the New School recently. While he was signing them, I said: "One for each eye." To which he responded: "Oh, good!")

Last book you read is:
Jane by Maggie Nelson

What are you currently reading?
Selected Poems by Paul Eluard and Death on the Installment Plan by Céline.

5 books I would take to a deserted island:
1. Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs – I never tire of reading this book.
2. Rimbaud: Complete Works, Selected Letters – French with English translation, j’adore Rimbaud.
3. Rommel Drives on Deep Into Egypt by Richard Brautigan – Despite the fact that four of the 85 poems collected therein consist only of titles. Wait, maybe because of that fact.
4. The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry – If I’m going to have a bible, let it be this one.
5. The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book - Quoth Mr. Natural: "Nov shmoz k'pop."

Who I am going to pass this stick on to and why:

Ms Hellion, because I am curious to see her very strong opinion aimed at the world of literature.
Dott Comments, because I know she reads a lot.
Dr. Chingasa, because he's a doctor, dammit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dott Comments said...

Richard Brautigan! Jaizus H Flashback Batman! I'm running now to pull my Brautigan collection off the shelf ... back later, when the acid wears off.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home