Saturday, April 28, 2012

DAY 28, POEM 28: GOURMET GARAGE

Crossing Park Avenue
I see it on the northeast corner
of 96th Street and misread it as
Gourmet Garbage

Perfect, I think, and instinctively
turn my gaze downtown where
the Twin Towers were once
visible all the way up here
and think of you and how
we aren't around forever

So I capture the moment in
Mental Instagram knowing
you would share the absurdity
if you were here with me

I never cared enough to
look close enough to see
what the hell it actually is:
a parking garage/grocery store?

Instead turned east toward Lex
past International Hair where
the orange highlighted guy
in leather pants stood outside
on a break appraising my head
and deemed it a lost cause
in half a second flat

Looked into the window
of a nail place where I
frightened a customer
by locking eyes through
the plate glass window

She's thinking: My God!
I'm thinking: Where's the nearest
Dunkin' Donuts?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home