Wednesday, June 18, 2008

iTuneage - recent baker's dozen

1. "Trans-Europe Express" - Kraftwerk
2. "Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars)" - R.E.M.
3. "Welcome To The Dollhouse" - Welcome To The Dollhouse soundtrack
4. "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song" - Jim Croce
5. "Bigger Hole To Fill" - The Hives
6. "Rich" - Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
7. "Medicine Show" - The Dream Syndicate
8. "White Wedding" - Billy Idol
9. "Barrytown" - Steely Dan
10. "The Raid" - Graham Parker & The Figgs
11. "Baby I Love You" - Andy Kim
12. "Seasons In The Sun" - Terry Jacks
13. "Sugar Magnolia" - The Grateful Dead

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cowboyangel said...

I don't know . . . the Terry Jacks version over the original Rod McKuen version?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

I prefer Terry Jacks' over the version by The Kingston Trio. I'm not sure I've ever heard Rod McKuen's rendition, though I am aware that he is responsible for the English translation from French.

I do recall, though, McKuen singing "Jean" on either Mike Douglas or the Merv Griffin Show when I was young. His voice was fairly lacking, but somehow he conveyed great emotion, and I found myself quite moved.

4:48 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

My mother had an entire Rod McKuen album that I had to listen to growing up. In the punk era, he was an object of derision for me (and many others). Only later did I learn that he had worked with Jacques Brel, read with Kerouac and Ginsberg and other beats, etc. And Johnny Cash recorded one of his songs.

Life is weird.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home