Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Terra Incognita

A fine time was had by all at Sunday's (4/22/07) reading for issue #7 of Terra Incognita.

Pictured to the right is yours truly, getting ready to read from my two chapbooks and some newer items which are being compiled into a volume to be published this year (along with my long-awaited 8-word poem collection).

It was great to be back on the stage at Cornelia Street, a wonderful venue that really takes poetry seriously. What a Godsend for those of us who have chosen to languish in relative obscurity while chasing down that elusive muse of verse.

Pictured below are all of the readers (that's yours truly again, second from the left surrounded by Michele Cooper, Elisabeth Frost and Kathryn Kulpa) along with two of Terra Incognita's founding editors, Alexandra van de Kamp and William Glenn (at right).




(Photos by MsAPhillips)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger cowboyangel said...

Sounds like a great event, Steve. Nice photos, too. Is it just my imagination, or are those two editors kind of sexy looking?

:-)

It was great hearing you read again. You really picked up the energy when it was your turn to bat. A million thanks. As I said in my intro, I think your 8-word poems are going to make an excellent chapbook. Looking forward to it. I read Incredulity Tour on the train ride home, btw. Really enjoyed it. The Jethro Tull poem may be my favorite.

Which makes me realize that we never discussed the difference between jazz flutists and rock flutists. Do rock flutists struggle as much as guitarists? :-) (You can hit me next time you see me.)

Nice comment about Cornelia Street, too.

4:15 PM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

really really awesome!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

'Scool to see pix from the reading--it really was a good one. I've linked to your page on the Newport Review blog. Come visit us sometime--we'll be open for regular submissions soon. Also, let me know if you want to be added to the blogroll.

Cheers,
Kathryn

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home