Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The New School York Poets



Ever desperate for any small advantage that might elevate my poetry career (which seems akin to elevating Starr Jones' ass off a stool at an ice cream parlor), I have decided to create my own poetry "school."

My inspiration is three-pronged: The New School (where I am in the midst of completing my MFA in Creative Writing), the original New York School poets (Kenneth Koch, Frank O'Hara, James Schuyler and John Ashbery), and the York Peppermint Pattie.

My plan is to constantly be seen eating the aforementioned candy - at poetry readings, informal gatherings of poets, at bookstores, etc. - and thus become inextricably associated with it. Once this pattern has been established I will refer to myself as a founding member of The New School York Poets. Get it?

1 Comments:

Blogger MsHellion said...

You are a guidance counselor's dream - or worst nightmare...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home