Friday, January 21, 2005

Oh, riiight, I have a blog!

Good Lord! Where have I been?!

I'd like to say that my absence from this blog - immediately after having begun it back in October! - is due to a deep-seated depression caused by a weird combination of the following events: New York Yankees blowing a 3-0 series lead against eventual World Series Winner, the hated Boston Red Sox; George W. Bush elected again, fer Chrissakes; continuing runaround from the company that promised to elevate me from a lowly freelancer to a salaried staffer (complete with benefits).

But life is frequently horrific, and this is no excuse for neglecting a blog. Particularly one entitled "The Blog of Lewd Enlightenment!" If I can't suck up life's sundry and horrific disappointments, how can I possibly expect my readership to flourish?

More on the events from mid-October to present moment soon, including: notes and pictures from my November trip to Paris; Christmas in Albany; my participation in a New Year's Day marathon reading at the Bowery Poetry Club; the still-continuing runaround at the "job"; my rejection from the 2005 small works art show - complete with feigned outrage expressed publicly in overly dramatic stentorian tones.

You may soon find yourself wishing I had ne'er returned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home