Thursday, July 12, 2012

I AM HERE

I've given up on the white beaches
and blue waters of the Mediterranean

I'm resigned to never seeing Amsterdam's
red light district again

I will never travel by train through Canada
to the place they once called Fitzhugh

Denmark, Norway, even Berlin are all
completely out of reach by now

When I point to a map with my finger
I see a skeletal digit's shadow fall

When I turn a globe I feel my open eyes
with each and every spin

When I think about a passport
I see blank yellowed pages of life erased

I am here
and here I shall remain

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lodo Grdzak said...

Oh no!!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to this, it makes one feel that the speaker has traveled far and wide, unable to find meaning/purpose and that the speaker has made peace with the fact that he/she will never find it... so it is futile to travel any further. Lovely piece.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home