Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I ALWAYS GET STOPPED BY THE “WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR BACKBACK” POLICE

I look guilty as hell
I AM guilty as hell
guilty of thinking the 70s had the best music and films
guilty of not strengthening my core
guilty of letting too much time lapse between I Love Yous
guilty of really not trying to pull anything
guilty of waiting too long
guilty of speaking my mind
guilty of ruining your life
guilty of caustic criticism
guilty of underachieving
guilty of overthinking
guilty of liking shitty pop songs
guilty of hating NPR
guilty of wondering what whorehouse that wallpaper came from
guilty of thinking tomorrow will finally be the day everything changes
guilty of handling money like a crackhead
guilty of hoping for the best
guilty of expecting the worst
guilty of trusting my gut
guilty of being able to spot a toupee at thirty paces
guilty of wanting a huckleberry friend

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home