Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THIS IS WHERE THAT STORY SEEMS TO BE HEADING

Something about articles, didn't he say?
Relying on a memory like rusty pipes—you make the call.

There was a place / right down on the corner.

Shitty tippers and their lowlife ways ruined you for everybody,
but as they say in Spain: "¡Basta!"

And there's always an “anyway,” so if you play your cards right
you can have one too.

I can't imagine living another day without me.
Doesn't it always taste better on a clear plastic fork?

How much salve does a body need these days?
I'll tell you how much: too much.

Come to Jesus and come as you are.

When I broke your heart I meant to break your will.
Rest assured I will never break the bank.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

I love this poem.

9:51 PM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

damn this is good.
This line does it for me:
"When I broke your heart I meant to break your will."

10:28 AM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Ditto -- What Steakbellie said. Great line!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home