Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tagged by Steakbellie

At least I think it was me he tagged ("Steve Caratzaz").

The assignment: To write about certain topics in blocks of 8 (hooray!).

8 passions in my life:

The Three Stooges (Shemp era)
Hockey
Guitar
Poetry
Film
Art
Old School Pro Wrestling
Coffee

8 things to do before I die:

Return to Amsterdam
Learn to speak French
Move to Montreal
Perform stand-up comedy again
Have a book published (by someone other than myself)
Learn how to ice skate
Front a rock band called I've Just Been Slain
Own a car

8 things I often say:

I don't know.
I really don't know.
I have no idea.
I'm sorry.
Fuck this.
Fuck that.
Fuck it.
Yyyay!

8 books I read recently:

Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? - Philip K. Dick
No Country For Old Men - Cormac McCarthy
The Waste Land and Other Poems - T.S. Eliot
The Tartar Steppe - Dino Buzzati
Tender Buttons - Gertrude Stein
The Invisible Man - H.G. Wells
Jesus' Son - Denis Johnson
The Seven Story Mountain - Thomas Merton

8 songs that mean something to me:

"Lemon Tree" - Trini Lopez
"Sweet Jane" - Lou Reed
"Gimmie Some Good Times" - Lou Reed
"Carmelita" - GG Allin
"Somewhere" from West Side Story - Tom Waits
Symphony No. 38 ("Prague") - Mozart
"Foi Na Cruz" - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
"This Must Be The Night" - Mink DeVille

8 qualities I look for in a friend:

Sense of humor
Patience
Creativity
Irony
Humility
Ability to calculate a fair tip
Loyalty

8 people who I'm passing this on to:

MsAPhillips
MsHellion
MrHellion
Richard Lopez
Gina Myers
Dott
William Glenn
Eek!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger EEK! said...

Done, friend! Hey, I'll be up in the city for AWP ... let's get some trouble started.

12:42 AM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Damn, you've given away my secret identity.

Now I have to kill you.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home