Friday, March 16, 2007

TV In Montreal

This is what a Montreal TV star looks like. And no, he wasn't a contestant on that new reality show "So You Think You Can Be Lurch," either.

This fellow, whose name I did not catch, was hosting a sports program (pardon, programme) about hockey! Which was quite good, actually.

Hockey is discussed constantly in the media up here, which is not surprising, though I am repeatedly delighted by such a situation.

Last year I saw a program with four middle-aged French speaking men who all looked like they could have been on "Meet the Press" or something similar. They argued passionately and incessantly with each other over the fortunes of the Montreal Canadiens, and though I understood little, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger MsAPhillips said...

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/H/htmlH/hockeynight/hockeynight.htm

12:41 PM  
Blogger katrocket said...

The host's name is Michael Landsburg, and the show you were watching was probably Off The Record. He's not really a Montreal TV star, he's a popular national sportscaster from Toronto.

http://tsn.ca/tsn_talent/bio/?fid=10770

oh, I love your poems by the way!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Hey, thanks for the information - and the kind words!

Would you care to swap links?

8:54 PM  
Blogger katrocket said...

Sure thing Steve! I've added you to rocketradio's "real good readin'" blogroll, and thank you so much for adding my link to your page! You rock...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Yayyy! Thanks for linking me! I'm having a great time poking around on your blog. Love the one-minute cartoons, among other things.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home