Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Heading North

Less than a year after my first visit I am once again venturing up to Montreal, Quebec, Canada for a long weekend.

I will be attending the first ever Montreal Zen Poetry Festival. As soon as I saw the attendant verbiage: "words have no meaning," I was sold. What with my interest in short-form poetry (i.e. haiku), and previous dabbling in meditation, I am excited about this event.

Both the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs are scrambling to make a playoff berth, so it'll be a great game to take in on Saturday night when they face off against each other at the Centre Bell.

I also hope to meet up with the publishers of Taking the Brim.

And then just kicking around a great city, listening to the slightly raw brand of Montreal French, and trying to remember how to say "chocolat chaud."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home