Thursday, February 22, 2007

Would you eat a can of cat food for money?

And, perhaps more importantly, would you work in a place where such a thing occurs?

These are the questions that I continually grapple with at my place of employment.

And also, this question: Exactly when did I become the stable presence in a group of people?

An apparently bored individual walked around the office yesterday with a pad and pen asking who would be willing to pay $5 to watch someone eat a can of cat food, which he had at the ready. Or, would I be willing to eat a can of cat food, and for how much?

I declined to pay to witness the ingestion, but offered to eat the cat food if the price rose to $400. The person who did wind up eating it - and enjoying it, from what I've heard - was paid $105.

Thoughts?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With this posting I can actually say that your blog has fully lived up to the name "The Blog of Lewd Enlightenment".

10:39 PM  
Blogger richard lopez said...

i dunno, protien is protien. i figure the guy made bank for eating the can of catfood. so why is that gross. i call that discrimination of food products. and that is an intolerable condition which is endemic in our society. so i say to all catfood lovers rise and say it loud and proud:

meowyummy!

2:39 AM  
Blogger gina said...

A guy I used to work with who seemed like a perfectly intelligent stand-up sort of guy was having really bad stomach problems for several days and it turned out to be because he had been eating cat food. He looked at the ingredients and thought it sounded safe for human consumption. I have no idea how many cans of it he ate over what period of time....

10:47 AM  
Blogger EEK! said...

I'd do it for $105. And I'd definitely cheer on a co-worker and throw into the pool. I have to admire a workplace set up to accommodate Jackassery.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. Offices can be very surreal places.

I've eaten it accidentally mixing up spoons on the counter. A whole can? For $400 for sure I'd do it.

Gina, wow. I bet it wouldn't go down easy. Even dog food for cats, doesn't work at all.

9:42 AM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

ironically, I wouldnt eat the catfood....at least not at work or around work people. I would hate to destroy my crafted Republican Facade.

I'd do it around friends though. It would have to be for $100 or a 'double dog dare' though...

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home