Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ah, the French Canadians! Montréal diary: entry #4

Merde! It's one of the few words I know in French, and how convenient that this poster was gracing the walls of Montréal during my trip there. Babelfish has been no help at all in translating the title of this production (I assume it was a play, but who knows really), though I believe it is something along the lines of "Moment of Clarity." Of course, that could be wishful thinking about myself.

So, Montréal is not just hockey - there is real, honest to God art in various forms. My main purpose for the journey north was to attend and participate in the 8th Blue Metropolis Montréal International Literary Festival. This five-day extravaganza brings together great numbers of writers working in all disciplines, to attend readings, workshops and presentations. Informative, intriguing and fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

the graphic is stunning

the rough translation is:
"cocksucker, I will kick the shit from you, and a Daisey will grow from it"

it's a common French/Canadian insult between married lovers

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home