Friday, August 05, 2005

The Incredulity Tour Tour (parts one & dos) Diary, entry #3: Local Landmarks

The Incredulity Tour Tour has crossed the continent, bringing its message of dubiousness to the masses. Not sure about something? The Incredulity Tour Tour has been there, friends.

Taking time away from my busy schedule of staring at the four walls of this room for the past two weeks - in an establishment that looks like David Lynch went into the hotel business - I traveled to the famous Golden Gate Bridge, chapbook in hand. Braving gusting winds on a foggy morning (when the possibility of being carried over the flimsy guard rail seemed quite real), I held said chapbook high and stared off toward Alcatraz. The view was unbelievable.

Just as I had, a mere month earlier, held The Incredulity Tour aloft in front of a genuine redneck truckstop and declared myself incredulous in the face of Mid-South America. Though I there ingested the best barbecue chicken I have ever tasted, escaping from that 18 wheeler all-you-can-eat buffet special with my life still inspires incredulity.

If you think about it, what sense does it make to believe in anything? Incredulity: it's the only game in town.

(Photos by MsAPhillips)