Thursday, July 14, 2005

Inside the Blogger's Studio

I asked the hilarious and rant-prone Yournamehere to interview me. I will answer the questions shortly, but first, I am contractually obligated to explain the rules to this inquisitive round-robin.

Here are the instructions:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "Interview me." "Blow me" or "Eat me" are not acceptable substitutes.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. I'll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. Besides the people you hang out with, what was your favorite part of your recent trip to my hometown, Louisville, KY? The Chocolate Long John donuts from Nord's.

2. Would you rather have all of your poetry published in the world's most prestigious literary journal or be allowed to read a poem on "Late Show with David Letterman"? Explain. Definitely being published in the world's most prestigious literary journal. Like many poets, my ego is colossal. Prestige would more than make up for the fact that I will never make dime one from my poetry. Besides, as much as I love David Letterman's caustic and irreverent humor, reading a poem on his show would leave me wide open to his rapier wit. And that would probably hurt my feelings.

3. What is your favorite thing about living in NYC? No car needed.

4. What is your least favorite? The noise.

5. If you were forced to go back in time and spend one day as an infamous historical villain, who would it be and why? If Caligula counts, then him; the man knew how to throw an orgy. If he's not technically a villain, then I'd go with Jack the Ripper. Always liked the name Jack, plus he had a medical degree (or so it is supposed).

5 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

Thanks for participating. A gold star is on the way.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interview me?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Eek!

1. Who is your favorite poet and why?

2. Poetry workshops: endless opportunities to develop your craft, or time wasting self-aggrandisement sessions?

3. Jethro Tull: rock & roll or prancing jag-offs? Discuss.

4. What is your favorite literary journal?

5. What the hell is up with John Ashbery?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Samantha Simpson said...

Interview me! Or Stephanie. Same difference.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Samantha Novella Simpson

1. Where were you going the day you sold The Chicago Manual of Style for gas money?

2. In your opinion, what is the best film adaptation of a book you love?

3. The Bible: fascinating tome filled with endlessly entertaining stories or snoozefest nonpareil?

4. If E.L. Doctorow were to meet John Irving in a street fight, who would win? (And would anyone care?)

5. If you could be any fictional character in the history of literature, who would it be?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home