Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Farewell, "Sandals" Habib

You, the guy who flagrantly disregards the dress code here, the place where I've temped for lo these past five weeks (according to my time sheets). Now I am moving on.

Our bathroom habits were remarkably similar in that we only crossed paths at the sink - you on the left, me on the right. Looking like Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast, but without the violence or street smarts, you dried your hands and face with exactly three paper towels each and every time.

When I glanced down to see if the industrial hand wash was sudsing, you stole away on your sandals with the calm of a ninja.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New job?

10:16 PM  
Blogger MsAPhillips said...

and here's his website:

http://www.washedashore.com/rants/zori/

an excerpt, below:

Strange fact: Great toe transplantation is the process of surgically moving a big toe to your hand, to replace a missing thumb. It is "not popular in the Orient, where zori-type sandals, which require a first web space, are worn."

Feedback from Habib in New York: "The sandals I've owned so far were all from the Reef Brazil brand. I like them. Unfortunately, I work for a bank which forces me to wear suits, ties and conventional shoes on the premises."

10:37 AM  
Blogger Dr. Chingasa said...

In a closely parallel universe there's a guy named "T-shirt & Jean Dave" that regularly defies the business "casual" dress code at a large supply chain logistics firm. In the here and now, I just begrudgingly wear the required Business Casual garb (loafers - yuck, dockers - gag, and polo - shirt- puke), clothes I think of as costumes and nowhere near what I consider to be casual.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home