Monday, July 16, 2012

UNFORGETTABLEVILLE

I could've just
pulled something
if I was the kind of person
who pulled things

Every fifteen minutes or so
I get the urge
to call my old phone numbers
and ask for me

In the vague hope that
one of these
mes' lives
has really worked out

Fabulous wealth
a complete lack of worry
the respect of my (his) peers
and a nice complexion

I call the numbers
in sequence from the first
I can remember
to the most recent

Obviously I would feel
most relieved if
the earliest iterations
worked out the best

That would mean
they have enjoyed
happiness the longest
and isn't that the point?

But I've been
trying to give
that up for
a long time now

Shiftlessness
lack of conscience
deformed morality
uncivil behavior

Inappropriate appetites

The world hardly
prepares one for anything
wholesome and throws shit
in our faces

With two hands
to make sure we get it
which we do even when
we think we don't

Said the mute
to the deaf man:
I'm blind
not smell-dead

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MrsCatHead said...

I love this.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this, it has a sense of nostalgia, and being unable to completely let go of what was. beautiful!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

台湾は日本人に人気の観光地。中でも台北は台湾の美味しいところがギュッと詰まった魅力的な街で、台湾初心者にもおすすめ。
1日目・鼎泰豊本店で絶品小籠包の昼食
1日目・永康街の思慕昔でふわっふわの台北風俗台湾かき氷
1日目・巨大建造物、中正紀念堂の迫力に圧倒
1日目・台北最大規模の夜市!士林台湾風俗夜市でグルメ三昧
2日目・国立룸싸롱
故宮博物院で中国歴代王朝の歴史に触れる
2日目・台湾대만의 룸싸롱
若者文化の発信地、西門町をぶ~らぶら
2日目・九フンで『千と千尋の神隠し』の世界に浸る

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home