Friday, January 02, 2009

Films I saw in 2008

I loved:

Doubt
Punisher: War Zone
Let The Right One In
Quarantine
Saw V
Appaloosa
Frozen River
Burn After Reading
Tropic Thunder
The Dark Knight
Lou Reed's Berlin
The Last Mistress
My Winnipeg
Iron Man
The Edge Of Heaven
The Diving Bell And The Butterfly
Diary Of The Dead
Michael Clayton
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
Cloverfield
The Orphanage
There Will Be Blood

I liked:

House
Body Of Lies
Blindness
The Strangers
Doomsday
Patti Smith: Dream Of Life

I hated:

The Spirit
Quantum Of Solace
Miracle At St. Anna
Wanted
Mongol
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Happening
Shine A Light
Vantage Point
Atonement

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger richard lopez said...

that's an unimpeachable list. you saw many more new movies than i did. my very favorite is LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. absolutely loved it.

the only film you have in your 'like' category that i'd move in 'love' section is DOOMSDAY. okay, okay, it is dumber than hell. but it was so much fun to watch. a pure fanboy flick made by a very good filmmaker. there were moments that i had to pause and watch again, esp. those sections that deliberately quote one of my favorite action flicks of all time THE WARRIORS.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't Lou Reed's Berlin be listed several times?

10:18 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

Several times now I've picked up the Tropic Thunder DVD, then put it back on the shelf. I'm just not sure I can put up with Ben Stiller AND Jack Black. But after your nod, I will at least hold it in my hands longer.

Vantage Point was disappointing. And that wasn't even Salamanca. They shot the film in Mexico!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home