Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THERE WAS A PLACE, BUT THIS IS NOT THAT PLACE

Charisma beauty
I heard you saying something
about a limousine
a mile long
and all the boys
desperate enough to pander
that's galling
it should appear as tribute
and the effortlessness obvious
I heard of cities
Detroit, New York
and states
Wyoming and Montana, Nebraska
I don't know these
but I do hear awesome
without irony sometimes
in a voice suggesting
extra adenoids
when I sit still enough
it all passes by
in booming silence.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Very nice, Steve.

The 8 word poems are fun, but this one stuck with me...

"but I do hear awesome
without irony sometimes"
...

1:10 AM  
Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Oh my.

I just noticed that from my favorite "part" of the poem was 8 words.

I can't tell just yet whether that is scary or cool...

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home