Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Montreal 2008: Words and Pictures 3 (photo dedicated to MsAPhillips)

This year I finally made it to Montreal's Chinatown.

Funnily enough, it's quite close to where I have stayed the past three years - I just didn't realize it.

I had a great dinner at the Jade Jardin (or Jardin de Jade, or something like that) - an all you can eat buffet at a fixed price. Naturally, after two heaping platefuls I was given the old heave ho.

Which is just as well, I suppose, as I was definitely getting the death glare from not only my waiter and the owner of the joint, but other more well-behaved patrons.

Waiter [handing me the bill, unbidden]: "Okay, $12.98 plus tax [pointing out each figure, and then the total]."

"And you leave tip [hand clasping my shoulder] on the table."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Pearl said...

Do you mean a while back? or had we both traveled to Montreal coincidentally the same weekend? I was surprised at how close Chinatown was to the harbour. I hadn't walked there by that direction myself.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

I was there most recently from April 30th - May 5th.

11:39 PM  
Blogger cd__ said...

ya we missed each Steve

3:46 AM  
Blogger cd__ said...

I meant we missed 'each other' this visit!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home