Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PEOPLE NOT LIKE US

Sitting on this same stoop
A place to rest on the way back
From the blood bank
Waiting patiently for my ship
To come in ignoring all
Those that have run aground
Hell scars show you've lived right?
As long as the moon will
Still make tides I'm gold
A little hope beats a ton of money
Or so I've been led to believe
In God I trust myself to do
The next wrong thing
Why interrupt the streak now?
Regrets to the reunion committee
Curiously composed of burnouts
Jocks and plain Janes
Give me another ten years
I swear I'll be somebody by then.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Synchronicity said...

lol...high school reunion coming up?

4:46 PM  
Blogger MsHellion said...

nice!

9:30 PM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

hot damn!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home