Sunday, July 22, 2007

Eek! Has Some Questions For Me

The "Interview me" meme; who ever tires of it? Not I!

If you care to participate, leave me a comment saying "Interview me." I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.

You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are the questions Eek! has for me:

[N.B. I take these sorts of things seriously (perhaps a little too seriously) and have given my responses considerable thought. Sorry for the delay, Ms. Eek!]

1. How do you organize your records? Alphabetically for the most part, though classical and electronica items are separate. Also, my music collection has grown so large that Lou Reed and Rolling Stones CDs (of which there are dozens of titles each) are also now kept separately.

2. Where's the most beautiful place you've ever been? This is a tough one, but I'd have to say Amsterdam. This city is the perfect combination of quaint and progressive.

It feels like storybook land with its architecture and canals, and yet I always feel like I'm on the verge of international intrigue whenever I'm there (which, sadly hasn't been for quite some time). I also have never left a place and felt such an immediate yearning to return.

I can't wait to visit again so I can get all hopped up on Chocomel, rent a bike, and tour the city like a native - something I was too chicken to do in the past.

3. What's your favorite word in any language? Brilliant. Because it sounds French. Runner up: J'accuse. Which is French.

4. Choose or die, occupation category: circus elephant wrangler or tugboat captain? Ungainly, misshapen and smelly - who needs that? On the other hand, I'm kinda scared of elephants.

Fortunately, I have a year of riding the Staten Island Ferry under my belt, as well as the significant inspiration provided by Shemp Howard's performance in "Dunked in the Deep."

Thus, I would have to go with tugboat captain.

5. What's your earliest memory? I recall watching the Beatles performing on The Ed Sullivan Show, with my parents' blessing. Perhaps not my earliest memory, but definitely my earliest coolest memory.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

sign me up!

10:18 AM  
Blogger MsHellion said...

me too!

11:17 AM  
Blogger richard lopez said...

hit me
up 'kay

1:09 AM  
Blogger katrocket said...

I had a good laugh at this comedy gem: "Ungainly, misshapen and smelly - who needs that? On the other hand, I'm kinda scared of elephants." Thanks!

Fun! I'm in too!

(katrocket@rogers.com)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to sign me up too?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Kat: Email me so I can send you your Interview Questions, please.

stevecaratzas@yahoo.com

Thanks!

6:29 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

This has to be one of the most blatantly narcissitic memes I've ever encountered.

Please, please, please, Steve, include me, too!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home