Saturday, June 30, 2007

The End of an Era

Yesterday marked the last day at my place of employ for the man pictured to the right, Jake Duffy. For almost exactly two years we sat side by side, sharing a cubicle, MFAs in writing (his is in fiction), and all varieties of culture.

A dull day was never had in the place unless Jake was on vacation, which was hardly ever. His knowledge of film, literature and music were unusually well-developed as compared with the average person, and head and shoulders above practically everyone else at the job.

One of the first things I overheard upon arriving for work my first day was a debate raging among my colleagues as to which constituted the greatest film of all time: Braveheart or Gladiator. I had barely managed to contain the look of horror that surely must have crossed my face when I saw Jake's similarly aghast look.

Instant bond.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bonds like that are a treasure, eh?

Good luck with your new life shapes...

9:00 AM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

what?
is there
a third
choice?

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Yikes' or
'Oh Dear?'
I can't
really
decide.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home