Sunday, May 21, 2006

Ah, the French Canadians! Montréal diary: entry #8

Look: I've seen Super Size Me. I know that eating at McDonald's is the equivalent of jamming a loaded shotgun up my ass.

This knowledge, sadly, did not prevent me from stopping in during my Montréal sojourn and ordering a Saucisse McCrêpe avec ouef et fromage (a.k.a. Sausage McGriddle).

I neglected to notice if a Big Mac is called a Royale with Cheese up there (as we know it is in Paris, thanks to Pulp Fiction).

In the final analysis, though, I believe it's safe to say that "mercy" (regardless of the spelling) has nothing to do with McDonald's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benoit Gratton said...

It's the "Quarter pound" that's called the Royale in France. It's called a "Quart de livre" in Québec. And a Big Mac is called... a Big Mac!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Steve Caratzas said...

Thanks to you both!

Especially Benoit for correcting my bad Tarantino recall.

Merde!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home