Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Incredulity Tour Tour (parts one & dos) Diary, entry #3: Signage of the Times

Here I am with MsHellion, standing on the corner of Willow & Weird, the boyhood street of Louisville, Kentucky's most infamous native son: Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. (Speed Limit 15? I think not!)

To say this was one of those misty-eyed moments one so rarely enjoys in life would be completely understating the point. If not for that niggling sobriety thing, I'd have cracked open a bottle of Wild Turkey and chugged heartily in tribute to one of the great influences of my artistic worldview.

Instead, I had a bracing cup of sassafras tea, and on the way out of town stopped in at the Wild Turkey distillery. There I proceeded to break the Wild Turkey, by reading selected poems from The Incredulity Tour to it, and interjecting the occasional "Who's the bitch, now?"

It was only after much closer examination, and a couple of strong hints from MsAPhillips that I realized I was actually riding a barrel carefully decorated to resemble a real turkey. My bad!

(Photos by MsAPhillips)

2 Comments:

Blogger MsHellion said...

I got chased by a turkey once. It's part of the reason why I don't like Christianity. I'll tell ya the whole story the next time you're in town. =)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a few books on the subject, some very

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home